Do Any Of You Know How to Podcast?

Our FREE tease and denial - orgasm denial - femdom audio files library

Moderator: Miss Molly

Ally
Site Admin

Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:22 am

If so please email me, or post here (my email is ally@voxerotic.com)

I need some help.
shynewguy

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:16 am

Miss Ally,

It really depends on exactly what you want to do. If it is one person talking, it is really easy. The more things you want to do, the more complicated things can get.

First:
To make the recording, you'll need some type of microphone. The normal mics that come with computers are the absolute worst. Since there is a ton of electronics emitting RF (radio waves) in a computer, there is a lot of interference. The best would be a studio mic hooked up to a sound mixer that can connect to your computer via USB or firewire. The most affordable solution that will give you good sound is a USB Headset. With the headset, the sound will be digital before it gets inside the computer, so you get much better sound.

Second:
You'll need a program to do the recording. You may already have one that would work fine. If not, Audacity is free and will work for recording your voice and editing it. A more robust solution is Adobe Audition. Audition is commonly used by radio stations to make commercials and such. If you can find the previous version (version 1.5) on ebay, it is almost as good as version 2.0 and will save you money.

Third:
Once you have the audio on your computer, you'll need a service to host it. While you could do it on the servers you have Cock Control on, it will be more expensive and complicated. That is why I would recommend using a service specifically for podcasters. In my opinion, the best one is Libsyn. It is a service specifically for podcasters. It is probably the simplest, cheapest, and most reliable way to have a podcast.

I hope this helps. If I knew more about what you wanted to do, I might be able to help out more. If you have any questions please let me know. If you don't want to post the details here for the public to see just yet, you could email or PM me. I can't guarantee that I'll know all of the answers, but I'm willing to help as much as I can.

I hope your podcast will become a success.
Ally
Site Admin

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:48 pm

I'd like to send MP3s to a podcaster and have them put it together for me
shynewguy

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:23 am

Ms. Ally,

Sorry I am not able to check here frequently at the moment, life is CRAZY right now. I don’t personally know anyone who has web space right now. If anyone here is already putting out a podcast, it would be pretty easy for them to add your stuff. I wish I could be of more help. I hope it works out.
Ally
Site Admin

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:36 am

Thanks, shy! In the meantime, I've figured it out! Except for a few glitches (like the frequency in which Tia's audios are recorded make her sound like the Chipmunks on some podcast players lol) but for the most part I've got it:

Go here to subcribe:

http://odeo.com/channel/189803/view (you'll have to sign up for Odeo - it's free)

Hannah and I are working on figuring out the Wordpress podcasting feature, so when that's done I'll post another link to subscribe through that.
shynewguy

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:24 am

Ally wrote:Thanks, shy! In the meantime, I've figured it out! Except for a few glitches (like the frequency in which Tia's audios are recorded make her sound like the Chipmunks on some podcast players lol) but for the most part
Well, on the upside I like the Chipmunks. :D It sounds like those players may not be able to handle the bit rate that her file is recorded in (at least that would be my first guess).

I'm glad I could help at all, and wish I could have done more. I've been SO busy lately, and going on an average of 2 hours of sleep per night the last few weeks.

Good luck, I'll subscribe and give it a listen soon.
shynewguy

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:52 am

Also, if someone uses itunes or another program for their podcasts already, all they have to do is copy and paste this into that program:
http://odeo.com/channel/189803/rss.xml

Here is how to do it in itunes.

1. Open itunes
2. Click the "advanced" menu near the top
3. Click "subscribe to podcast..." (a box will pop up)
4. Paste the above address into the box.
5. Click the "OK" button.